You have 0 items in your shopping cart.
Domestic Shipping Policy (within India)
For the past two decades, Aakaar masterpieces have adorned the homes of our patrons the world over. When it comes to delivering our shipments to your doorstep, we take no chances and work with only the best in the business.
For shipping within India, Aakaar recommends and offers its patrons Ground/Surface transportation for its shipments to pin codes serviced by FedEx, our primary logistics partner. If for any reason, your pin code isn’t covered by FedEx’s network, we will work with you to find a reliable alternative.
However, if you would like to personally pick up your order from our Mumbai store, or have it shipped by your own shipper, or any other way, we are quite flexible and would be happy to work with you or your preferred logistics provider. In either of the above cases, choose the ‘Pick Up from Store’ option during check out.
Please keep in mind that we too would love for you to get your Aakaar purchase at the earliest, and at the least minimum cost. However, years of experience have taught us to be a little more safe than sorry and it’s because of this cautious approach, we mostly ship our products using the surface/ground transportation option within India.
In our experience, not only is it the most economical option as it costs much less than Priority or Overnight Air delivery options, but also it is perhaps the safest way for transporting our heavy weight and volume packages across the country.
Process Post Check Out
- Once we receive your online order confirmation, a member of our Customer Care team will reach out to you on the mobile number provided to reconfirm your purchase and go over the details of your order, thereby ensuring you’re getting exactly what you want.
- Upon the re-confirmation ofyour order by our Customer Care team, we will pack your shipment and prepare the documentation within 2 business days.
- As soon as we have the all the documentation ready, we will hand over your packed shipment to ours logistics provider and get in touch with you via email or text message to provide you with the shipment tracking number.
- If there are no delays, it should usually take 4-5 business days before you receive your shipment.
Shipping Cost Calculation Error
During the check out process, you should normally see the shipping costs for your purchase as soon as you enter your Indian shipping address and pin code.
It is sometimes possible that the shipping cost might not change and your cart may reflect the cost of shipping as Rs.0. This might happen especially if it is a bigger Home Temple or a heavier Marble Idol.
All the same, you need not worry. Upon receiving the confirmation of your order, our Customer Care team will promptly get back to you with an exact shipping cost and only after your approval, will they add it to your invoice. Unless specifically mentioned or unless it is during a promotion, WE DO NOT provide free shipping for our products.
In Store Pick Up Option
If you would like to pick up your order from our Mumbai store or send someone else to collect it, select the ‘Store Pick Up’ option under shipping section during the checkout process. Our Customer Care team will coordinate the details with you and schedule a pick up time accordingly.
We take utmost care to pack each shipment carefully to ensure your valuable purchase reaches you intact and without any damage, but our responsibility ceases once the shipment is handed over to you.
Aakaar dispatches each shipment with full marine insurance. If there is any damage to your shipment, it is very important to notify us immediately, take as many photographs as proof to document the damage and save all the packaging materials for the surveyors’ inspection.
Process in case of Damage
Despite all the precautions and our best intentions that our shipment reaches you in the safest possible way, sometimes things are beyond our control. No matter how securely a sculpture or product is packed, the journey to your doorstep is not in our hands and your cooperation here is of utmost importance.
Steps to observe
- If you notice any external damage to the outer packing or suspect something wrong, please make sure to mention it on the delivery slip before accepting the delivery of the package from the logistics provider.
- Please do not wait for an auspicious time/day/occasion to unbox your shipment. In the case of any damage, an insurance claim will have to be filed, for which timing is key.
- While unboxing if you notice that the product received is damaged, you must bring it to our notice within 24 hours of receiving the shipment by calling (+91) 961.992.9262 (India) / (+1) 646.847.8479 (USA) or emailing us at email@example.com.
- If possible, please document the damage using your mobile phone or camera.
- Do not dispose of the packaging material and keep everything that came with the consignment for the inspection of the shipping company as well as the insurance surveyors.
- In the unlikely rare event of a damaged shipment, Aakaar will ensure you get a full refund or an exchange AS LONG AS the above mentioned insurance claims procedures are followed.