Returns & Exchanges
Aakaar.com is truly committed to making your online shopping experience as seamless and personal as possible as if you were visiting our unique gallery in person.
We understand that choosing a Divine Idol or Home Temple is a once in a lifetime experience and for that reason our team is here to help and guide you.
We realize the religious sentiments behind our unique handcrafted products and therefore we take utmost care in inspecting the product thoroughly before packing it carefully.
It is pertinent to understand that our products are completely handcrafted, using natural materials and complex procedures of carpentry, sculpture, polishing, and painting. Slight marks and minor variations in the product should not be mistaken as a glitch; any irregularities in the product only add to the inherent uniqueness that is intrinsic to it.
Despite our best efforts, we understand that for some reason you may want to return or exchange your purchase. We completely understand your decision, and will always use our best judgment, given the context, to ensure that our customer is always happy.
How many days do I have to return my order?
- We stand behind every item we sell and we want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. If you do not experience total satisfaction with your purchase, up to 7 days from the date of delivery, you can return your purchase for money back, exchange or credit, no questions asked!
- Products must be unused and returned in its original condition with all original materials.
What about the return shipping fee?
- If the customer simply does not like the product, Aakaar does not refund shipping charges. All shipping and handling expenses, duties and brokerage fees, if any, are not refundable for returns or exchanges and will be borne by the customer and the amount will be deducted from the refund. A 10% service charge for restocking will be applied to returns as well.
- We will process the refund only after the safe receipt of the product in an unused condition.
How many days do I have to cancel my order?
- Cancellations will be considered only if the request is made within 24 hours of placing an order. There is a 10% cancellation fee applied to all orders. Cancellation cannot take place once the shipping and packing process has been initiated.
- No Cancellation of customized goods is possible once the order has been confirmed and sent into production. Customization also includes the addition of extra legs, bells, hooks etc. to the mandir order. If your order hasn’t been sent into production, no refund is possible, but in all other instances if the client wishes to cancel the order, a 10% fee will be deducted from the refund.
What are the conditions for exchanges and returns?
- All items must be in the same/original conditions as delivered by Aakaar.com
- Customized orders cannot be accepted for return, refund or exchange.
- Any item returned showing signs of wear would not be honored for a return or exchange.
- The buyer is responsible for returning the goods back to us in the same original condition and it is therefore advised that the return package should be strongly and adequately packed so that there is no damage of goods in transit. The goods must be sent back fully insured and return paid for to 'Aakaar, 10 Bhiku Building, Veer Savarkar Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai – 400025'
- We reserve the right to reject the return of merchandise, which has been returned damaged due to inadequate packing or any other reason that caused it during transit.
- All Clearance items are final sale. There will be no returns or exchanges on these items.
What are the terms for the return policy?
- Returns should be received within specified 7 days of receiving your purchase.
- The product must be returned in the same original condition, as it was shipped with all original materials.
- Refund will be processed after your returned shipment is checked and verified by our Customer Care team. After inspection, if the shipment is found in the original condition, the refund process will be initiated within 2-3 working based on the mode of payment of the order.
- The refund amount will reflect the deducted the 10% restocking fees and any other non-refundable shipping charges incurred.
- Orders paid by credit/debit card will be refunded back to the credit/debit card within 10 working days depending on your bank and the refund will be reflected in the next statement.
- Orders paid by net banking will be credited back to the same bank account. For all other modes of payment, we will send a refund cheque. The cheque will be made out to the "billing name" provided at the time of placing the order.
- Online return policies are separate from store return policies. However, all online purchases can be returned or exchanged at our physical store.
What is the return/exchange procedure?
To return an item, simply follow the return procedures listed below:
- Immediately contact our Customer Care team at (+91) 961.992.9262 (India) / (+1) 646.847.8479 (USA) or email us at email@example.com
- Inform the representative from the online team that you wish to return your order.
- Package all items with care, so the items are secure and do not get damaged during transit, enclose your online form requesting the returns.
- If you are exchanging the item, the replaced item(s) will be shipped to you, once we have received the returned item.